Clarendon, South Australia
On 21 October 1840, Richard Blundell was granted the title to Section 801 Hundred of Noarlunga. This was subsequently subdivided and by 1866 the town was described as a regional centre ‘in the midst of a fine agricultural district, where wheat, peas, and potatoes are largely grown’.
In the last 20 years a restoration programme has seen the town’s heritage buildings restored.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). “Clarendon (State Suburb)”. 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- “Southern Adelaide SA Government region” (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- “Search result for “County of Adelaide, CNTY” with the following data sets selected – “Counties” and “Local Government Areas““. Property Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- ClarendonSA.com.au – Book detailing the historic buildings in the local area, written and illustrated by a local artist