Goulburn River (New South Wales)
Course and features
Goulburn River rises at the confluence of Moolarben Creek and Sportsmans Hollow Creek, on the eastern slopes of the Great Dividing Range, near the village of Ulan, east of Mudgee and flows generally eastward, joined by twenty-one tributaries including the Munmurra, Krui, Bylong, Bow, and Merriwa rivers and Worondi Rivulet. The river reaches its confluence with the Hunter River, south of Denman. The majority of the course of the river flows through the Goulburn River National Park. The river descends 337 metres (1,106 ft) over its 221 kilometres (137 mi) course.
- Rivers of New South Wales
- List of rivers of New South Wales (A–K)
- List of rivers of Australia
- Goulburn River National Park
- "Goulburn River". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- Reed, A. W. (1984). Place names of Australia (3rd reprint ed.). Sydney: Reed Books. p. 108. ISBN 0-589-50128-3.
- "Map of Goulburn River, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 2 March 2013.