The Bouddi National Park is a protected national park that is located in the Central Coast region of New South Wales, in eastern Australia. The 1,532-hectare (3,790-acre) national park is situated 46 kilometres (29 mi) northeast of Sydney. A section of the national park extends into the Tasman Sea, creating fully protected land, shore and marine habitats. The park contains one of the last mature temperate rainforests on the Central Coast, Fletchers Glen.
The Bouddi National Park was originally known as the Bouddi Natural Park. It received its name at the second meeting of the park trust held on 5 July 1936. Other names considered were Maitland Bay Park, Cape Three Points Reserve and Gerrinbombi Park. The reason for the choice was that Bouddi is the authenticated aboriginal name of the most conspicuous feature of the district and appears on maps as early as 1828. Bouddi is an indigenous word for the heart. The trust had been founded the year earlier to manage the reserve and had representation from the NSW Federation of Bushwalking Clubs and Erina Shire Council.
In 1967 the park, by then totalling about 1,310 acres (530 ha), was dedicated as a national park under the newly passed legislation and was renamed Bouddi State Park. Its management became the responsibility of the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, and soon afterwards the trust was reconstituted as an advisory committee. On 1 January 1974, the National Parks and Wildlife Act dispensed with the category of state parks and Bouddi was renamed Bouddi National Park.
- "Bouddi National Park: Park management". Office of Environment & Heritage. Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Annual Report 2009-10". Department of Environment Climate Change and Water. November 2010: 274–5. ISSN 1838-5958. Cite journal requires
- "Great Circle Distance between SYDNEY and BOUDDI NATIONAL PARK". Geosciences Australia website. Commonwealth of Australia. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- Bennett, F. C., ed. (1981). The Story of the Aboriginal People of the Central Coast of New South Wales. Brisbane Water Historical Society and The Entrance and District Historical Society. p. 17.
- Pratt, Eileen, ed. (1978). Place Names of the Central Coast. Brisbane Water Historical Society and The Entrance and District Historical Society. p. 4.
- "Bouddi National Park". NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service. Government of New South Wales. Archived from the original on 13 October 2014.
- Bouddi National Park (Map). NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service, Government of New South Wales. Archived from the original on 13 October 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Bouddi National Park: Visitor Guide" (PDF brochure). NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service. Government of New South Wales. 2012.
- "Bouddi National Park". Office of Environment & Heritage. Government of New South Wales.