Liberty House Group (also referred to as Liberty House or Liberty House UK) is an industrial and metals company founded in the United Kingdom in 1992 by industrialist Sanjeev Gupta. It is headquartered in Mayfair, London and has global hubs in Dubai, Singapore and Hong Kong. The company focuses on ferrous and non-ferrous metal trading, metals recycling, steel and aluminium production, and engineering products and services.
In February 2017, the company agreed to purchase the speciality steel division of Tata Steel Europe for £100 million. The purchase included the division's facilities in Rotherham, Stocksbridge and Brinsworth in South Yorkshire and Wednesbury in the West Midlands. In July 2017, Liberty purchased South Australian steelmaker Arrium which was rebadged "LibertyOneSteel" for the first year of ownership and is now Liberty Steel.
See history of Liberty House Group since 1992.
- Monaghan, Angela (2 May 2017). "Tata deal with Liberty House saves 1,700 UK steel jobs". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Company Overview of Liberty House Ltd". Bloomberg. Bloomberg. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Liberty House - A global industrial and metals group". www.libertyhousegroup.com. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Tovey, Alan (23 November 2016). "Rio Tinto to sell Scottish aluminium smelter to Liberty for £330m". The Telegraph. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Tata sells speciality steel to Liberty House for £100m". Financial Times. 9 February 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Whyalla steelmaker Arrium to be sold to British company Liberty House ABC News 5 July 2017
- Paul, Chrystan (21 March 2018). "Why Sanjeev Gupta May Just Be The World's Most Ambitious Industrialist". Forbes.