TVSN (an acronym for "Television Shopping Network") is an Australian and New Zealand broadcast, cable television and satellite television network specializing in home shopping. It is owned by parent company Direct Group Pty Ltd, a home marketing and shopping company based in the Sydney suburb of Frenchs Forest, which also owns sister channel Expo.
The channel broadcasts live every day from 08:30 to 21:30 AEST.
In 2004, the network was acquired by Innovations Direct Group Pty Ltd, an Australian-based home shopping company which produces a number of direct catalogue publications, including Innovations and Homecare magazines. Channel operations soon moved to new facilities in Frenchs Forest alongside the parent company.
Channels and Live Streaming
Some Australian pay television services carry TVSN as part of their basic subscription package. These services include Foxtel, Austar and Optus TV. It was previously carried by Neighbourhood Cable. The channel is also available free to air via the Optus C1 satellite. In addition, the company's website broadcasts a live video stream of the channel.
In September 2012, TVSN became available to free-to-air to metropolitan viewers after Network Ten and TVSN partnered to broadcast the channel as a datacast service on LCN 14. From December 2012-July 2016, regional Network Ten affiliate Southern Cross Ten began broadcasting the channel to regional viewers on LCN 54.
On 1 July 2016, SC10 became part of Southern Cross Nine affiliated to the Nine Network, while WIN Television became the Network Ten affiliate. Consequently, TVSN will be broadcast on LCN 84 in Southern NSW, ACT, Griffith, regional Victoria, Mildura, regional Queensland, Tasmania, and South Australia via WIN while Southern Cross and Ten Northern NSW will cease broadcasting the channel. In Northern NSW, TVSN was moved from Channel 54 to Channel 57, 75 and 84.
On 2 September 2018 in WIN areas, TVSN became MPEG-4 to collide with the launch of Sky News on WIN.
New Zealand version
From 20 August 2013, Kordia began broadcasting a localised version of the channel on LCN 20 to a national New Zealand audience on the Freeview (New Zealand) terrestrial service, which is taken from the encrypted SKY TV (New Zealand) satellite channel launched at the same time.
- Expo – TVSN's sister home shopping channel.
- Shopping channels – A list of home shopping channels worldwide.
- Network Ten – Free to air broadcast partner.
- Andrew, By (5 December 1995). "New TV channel for those born to shop". Sydney Morning Herald. Sydney: Fairfax Media. p. 2. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- Butler, Grant (24 May 1996). "HK Investors Buy Oz Pay-TV Station". Broadcast. Sydney: 11.
- "Direct Group Corporate – About Us". Direct Group. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Delisted.com.au – TVSN Limited Company Profile".
- "TVSN – Corporate Information".
- "SatcoDX Satellite Information – TVSN listed as free to air".
- "Network Ten Launches New Channel With TVSN" (PDF).
- Joyce, James (26 June 2016). "WIN and Southern Cross: What Canberra viewers need to know about big TV switch". The Canberra Times. Retrieved 27 June 2016.