Facilities and courses
The campus has students, faculty and staff from more than 29 countries throughout the Asia-Pacific, United States of America, Europe, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. The university offers two master's degree programs: the Master of Science in Public Policy and Management and the Master of Science in Information Technology and Management. Both programs are available as a 12-month or 21-month program, depending on the student's work experience, and can be undertaken full-time or part-time. Carnegie Mellon University Australia also offers students the opportunity to undertake Global Programs, whereby they undertake their studies at both the campus in Pittsburgh and Adelaide.
In August 2011, the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) launched their Asia-Pacific operations at Carnegie Mellon University - Australia's campus in Adelaide. Through this location, the SEI will offer their advanced courses and certifications to the Australian market, and collaborate with local companies and organisations on software development and cyber security.
Carnegie Mellon University is the first American university to open a campus in Australia. The university chose to open a campus in Adelaide as part of the South Australian Government's vision to establish Australia's first international university precinct around Victoria Square in the Adelaide city centre. The university is guided by a Joint Advisory Board of influential leaders from around Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. The precinct is situated in the heart of the city; Carnegie Mellon University - Australia is co-located with the University College London's School of Energy and Resources (Australia), research and policy institutes including the and , and adjacent to the Flinders University's city facilities.
- "Official Carnegie Mellon colors". cmu.edu. Archived from the original on 9 May 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2008.
- News Release, Government of South Australia, 15 May 2005
- "Public Policy and Management Programs". Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Information Technology Programs". Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Executive Education". Carnegie Mellon University. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Business Intelligence and Data Analytics". Carnegie Mellon University. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "MSPPM (Digital Transformation and Analytics Specialisation)". Carnegie Mellon University. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Software Engineering Institute". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Flinders in the City, www.flinders.edu.au